Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hashbrown Casserole

Hey guys!  Here is the recipe for the hashbrown casserole that I brought in this morning.

WARNING: There is nothing in this that is very good for you.  Consider yourself warned.

Ingredients:
1 pkg frozen hashbrowns (I prefer shredded)
2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
1 16 oz. sour cream
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I like sharp)
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/4 garlic salt
1/2 stick butter (melted)
1 sleeve of saltine crackers

To do:

1) Preheat the oven to 350.

2) Grease the bottom of a baking dish--you can use glass or a cake pan.

3) Dump frozen hashbrowns into the pan, breaking up any big chunks.

4) Mix cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, garlic salt, and onion salt together in a bowl.  When completely mixed, dump over top of the hashbrowns.

5) Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.  You can use more or less depending on the taste, but I like things cheesy!

6) Crush up the sleeve of crackers (I find it easier if you crush them while in the sleeve).  Dump 'em on top!

7) Melt the butter and then pour it over top.  This hopefully helps the crackers not burn.

8) Cook for 35-45 minutes.

Yum!  It's one of my favorites! :)




1 comment: